Introduction

My name is Daniel and I am currently 2(August 6,2007) years old. I live in Northern California in a wonderful old 2 story English Tudor Revival home with my 2 Dads, Dan, who I call Papa and am named after and Julio who I call Daddy. I have a great pet name Cocco who is a red hair Chow Chow that I love. I also have several stuffed animal companions, however, 2 that I always love to take with me on outside adventures. George, the monkey and Sheep. I hope you will join me during my travels and journey through life

Chapter 1-The Little American Goes To Paris


Bonjour! I am the little American. I am currently 2 years old(born 8/6/07).
My parents thought since this is my first trip to Paris, it is appropriate that I share my experience on my Dad's blog. I begin with my excitement getting on the overnight hotel's park 'n fly shuttle service to the San Francisco International Airport. You'll notice throughout my trip, I'm dressed almost exclusively in black. My Dads are so obsessed about blending in with the locals so they are convinced that our entire wardrobe of black clothing would help do the trick. My only carry on responsibility was my backpack on wheels containing my favorite bedtime story books and some Thomas trains with one of my 2 travel companions George the monkey. That's George, the one I'm choke holding.

After arriving at the airport and passing through security, I had over an hour before my flight took off, so I decided to unwind with Dad's laptop to watch one of my favorite PBS show, Caillou. I can watch that kid all day if parents let me.

Okay, I just learned our flight is delayed by an hour. There aren't enough snacks and sandwiches in the waiting lounge to contain my impatience if I hear about any further delays.....

This was taken about 4 hours into our flight. As you can see, I was not too thrilled about retiring so soon. However, I was out voted 2 to 1 so I begrudgingly capitulated. There was also cheering with a round of a applause in the cabin as I laid my head down. I'm not sure what that was about.

Finally... five hours into the flight, I gave in and decided perhaps a beauty nap would be best before my arrival in Paris...so, Sheep, my closest traveling companion, and I doze off.

"Garcon! I just arrived in Paris after a 15 hour travel day and I want my hot chocolate now!..si vous plait"

Before we retired to our apartment, I perused the scrumptious looking baked goods at a nearby Boulangerie Patisserie to find a treat to satiate my sweet tooth after dinner.

Alas, we arrive at our beautiful Paris Perfect's Cotes Du Rhone apartment, which is even more beautiful then the images on the website. My Dad promises more images and details on this lovely apartment to follow.

That's me on the sofa with Sheep, unwinding from a little jetlag, enjoying a French cartoon in the apartment while my Dads fight in the other room about whose fault it was for not predicting there would be a flight delay which created chaos in their scripted travel plans.

Here is the view from one of our living room windows, which all look out to beautiful buildings. From this one, we can see Princess Caroline's apartment with the Eiffel Tower behind it. Hopefully, the Princess will look over one evening and raise a toast in welcoming me to Paris. Stay tuned for more photos and interesting observations on my trip to the city of lights.

Au revoir,
The Little American

4 comments:

  1. hello gentlemen,
    i stumbled on your blog somehow from between naps on the porch's tablescape thursday. i am so glad i did!!! i love to write little stories and so i was drawn to your blog. the writing is wonderful i literally laughed out loud!! you (both) and the little american touched my heart! the pictures were terrific and i learned more about the history of paris than i ever knew!!! your writing drew me into your lives.
    i love the world of blogging where people can 'meet' and enjoy each other.
    thank you so much for sharing your wonderful stories with me and i will become a follower so i can read more of them!!
    you need to take another trip so i can travel vicariously with you!!

    all the best,
    donna ellis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel, I hope your Papa and Daddy tell you how totally cute and wonderful you are!!! I am enjoying reading about your trip to France! My brother and SIL took my nephew to Paris when he was just about your age, so I am enjoying reading "your story" of Paris!
    (I found you through Tristan.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful trip and story little American. Thank you for sharing your exciting vacation with us. I felt as though I were there with you. I can't wait to read about your next travel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings, little Daniel! I found your blog through your Daddy's. I must say that I think that you are just about the cutest little thing I have ever seen! You are very lucky to have a Papa and Daddy to take you to Paris. I have never been there myself, but would love to go. I enjoyed your posts on your trip - I especially enjoyed seeing you with your cart shopping toting the goodies for the evening's dinner. You are truly adorable and I look forward to the little American's next adventure!
    Best regards,
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete